Meet our award winners! For the first time, the MHEA held its Excellence Awards to recognise talent and creativity within the association.
The awards ceremony and gala dinner took place at The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate, where five 2016 winners were announced. More than 100 guests from across the industry attended the awards, enjoying the networking opportunity and lively entertainment.
Introducing the Excellence Awards winners:
- Innovation Award – Siemens. Gary Palmer and Gary Chapman accepted the award, having both worked on the project for Hanson which has brought considerable energy and CO2 savings at three of Hanson’s plants
- Supplier of the Year – DMN Westinghouse. Accepted by Bob Rogers, General Manager. DMN Westinghouse was put forward because it offers robust products for all industries within bulk materials handling and is described as ‘a pleasure to work with’
- Apprentice of the Year – Ashley Woodcock, Don Valley Construction
- Project of the Year – Midland Quarry Products, Cliffe Hill Crusher Relocation. Bob Davies, Engineering Manager, accepted the award and gave a brief overview of the project which MHEA members had visited prior to the move in July 2015
- Harold Wright Lifetime Achievement Award – Brian Snowdon. Brian Snowdon was presented his award by Peter Webster, Secretary, MHEA. As the inventor of more than 29 patents, many of which have been internationalised, Brian has significantly influenced the technical and commercial direction of the pneumatic conveying industry globally in every decade since the 1970s, and especially in Europe, China, India and Australia.